What is Depression?
Depression is characterized by having a lower than normal mood for extended period of time.
Symptoms for Depression
- Suicidal ideation
- Having a sad mood for at least 2 weeks
- Weight loss or weight gain – trouble with energy levels
- Finding things get to you easier
- Finding things get to you that don’t normally get to you
- Trouble with frustration & tolerance
- Finding you don’t cope as well with stress of life
- Isolation from friends or peers
- Trouble with sleep or appetite – this could be too much sleep or too little sleep
- Trouble experiencing pleasure – things don’t make you as happy as they normally would
- Trouble with motivation – feels like a ton of effort getting through your day